School officials were caught by surprise when they were called to a science room at Pentucket Regional High School to investigate an “exploding iPod.”

Apparently, the iPod, belonging to a high school student, was sitting on a desk when it spontaneously exploded. The girl to whom the iPod belonged was luckily not injured. This wasn’t the case, however, in March of last year when a teenage boy suffered second degree burns from an exploding iPod in his pocket. The cause of these explosions seems to stem from moisture entering the lithium batteries of the iPods.

Apple claims that it is not liable for these exploding iPods. Yeah… Sure…

Source: Newbury Port News


Categories :


Tags: , , , ,

Rating:
(Avg: Need 5 votes)
 

 

1 Comment

Dear Guest, please login to comment

Login with your ZiggyTek account

Create New Account | Forgot password?



Please keep the comments clean by not posting advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks. Terms of Use.

Having trouble registering? Try our non-javascript registration page.

i should stay away from them then..

suggest a link

Follow Us


Tips

We love to hear from our users, so if you have anything you would like us to write about let us know by emailing us at tips@ziggytek.com.

MustRead

PopularBlogPosts

Categories


Archives

About ZiggyTek

ZiggyTek is more than a gadget blog - it's a gadget community. In addition to bringing you the updates on the newest gadgets around the world, we give you a venue to discuss amongst each other and ponder those nuances that make all the difference. Got a tip on a hot new product? Let us know! Do you own one of the gadgets we cover? Give us your own impressions! Just around for articles? Take your time!