Microsoft and Barnes & Noble have announced this morning that they have formed a new partnership and will take the Nook and College businesses and form it into a new subsidiary in which Microsoft will own 17.6% and Barnes & Noble will own the remaining 82.4%.

Microsoft has invested $300 Million for the 17.6% stake in Newco and this strategy was formed in order to capitalize the rapid growth of the Nook business and accelerate the transition to e-reading. Check out the source to read the full press release below.

Source


Rating:
(Avg: Need 5 votes)
 

 

1 Comments »

Dear Guest, please login to comment

Login

You can use your Mixr, Facebook, Twitter, Google, or Yahoo account to comment

Create New Account | Forgot password?



Please keep the comments clean by not posting advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks. Terms of Use.

Having trouble registering? Try our non-javascript registration page.

 

wow, what a big investment! O___o
but I love Barnes & Nobles ^^



suggest a link

Follow Us


Tips

We love to hear from our users, so if you have anything you would like us to write about let us know by emailing us at tips@ziggytek.com.

MustRead

PopularBlogPosts

Categories


Archives

About ZiggyTek

ZiggyTek is more than a gadget blog - it's a gadget community. In addition to bringing you the updates on the newest gadgets around the world, we give you a venue to discuss amongst each other and ponder those nuances that make all the difference. Got a tip on a hot new product? Let us know! Do you own one of the gadgets we cover? Give us your own impressions! Just around for articles? Take your time!